15 Tips for Advanced Pinboarding on Pinterest
Pinterest is all about the pinboards. Making effective pinboards takes planning, effort, and organization. Pinboards are the content that your audience wants to see. If you put your audience in the forefront of your mind, you can make pinboards that make selling your products and services faster.
1. Connect to Your Audience – It’s important that your boards make you connect to your audience in a way that is appealing to them. Make them feel as if they know you and you’ll win fans who will share with others.
2. Appeal to Their Emotions – You want people to feel emotional in some way when they see your boards. You want them to click through because they felt something.
3. Give Boards Keyword-Rich Names – Don’t forget to use keywords wherever and whenever fitting. Keywords are what will help people find your boards.
4. Make Different Boards for Different Categories – Make more boards by keeping everything categorized properly. Don’t mix up different categories; make it obvious what the viewer will find in each board.
5. Tell Your Company’s Story – Tell the story of your business and how it got started and where you envision it going in the future.
6. Tell Your Personal Story – Make a board that’s all about your personal story about how you got to where you are today.
7. Create a Social Media Board – Want people to connect with you on social media? Create a pinboard of your social media accounts so they know where to find you.
8. Make a Quotes Board – Find quotes that you love that are relevant to your followers. Make a pinboard of quotes that you like.
9. Do How To Boards – Just like you write “how to” blog posts, you can do “how to” pinboards with the right images and linking to the right blog posts or YouTube videos.
10. Give Behind-the-Scenes Information – Create a storyboard about what goes on behind the scenes of your business. Like a “day in the life” board.
11. Set up a Coupon Board – If appropriate, a good way to make a board that includes all of your products without going against the categories is to include a lot of coupon codes on one board.
12. Provide Excellent Board Descriptions – The area where you keep the descriptions of the boards is an important thing because that’s a place to put keywords as well as good descriptors for your audience.
13. Link to the Right Resources – Be sure to use the linking function to link to the right resources. Hopefully that is back on your own website and your own online real estate.
14. Choose the Right Cover Picture – The last picture is the one that shows up as the cover photo. Ensure it is the right size so that when the board is shared or people are viewing your boards, they can see that pin and what it says very clearly.
15. Rearrange Boards Occasionally – Most of your viewers will look at the top center and from left to right. However, many only focus on the top row, so moving them around such that some of your other boards can get attention is a very effective way to get your viewers looking at more of your boards.
Create a Pinterest strategy to promote each area of your business. Use creative imagery, keyword-rich descriptions, and make each board fit into one category. Put at least five to ten pins in each board. Keep them updated, move them around, and grab your audience’s interest with your creative use of pinboards on Pinterest, and you’ll soon be an advanced pinboarder too.
Until the next time,